End-to-end business automation with electronic data interchange
EDI is the structured electronic exchange of business documents and information automatically between different organisations and their business applications. EDI enables businesses and their key trading partners to exchange business transactions electronically and automatically – straight from the accounting package to their supply chain systems.
Benefits of EDI include:
- Significant reduction in costs associated with manual data entry
- Elimination of human error
- Improved timeliness, accessibility and accuracy of business data
- Reduction in administrative costs and consumables
- Improved cash flow resulting from electronic transmission of invoices
- Better business relationships with trading partners
EDI makes light work of the complex issues around dealing with multiple suppliers and also satisfies customers with high service delivery expectations. EDI is also a great way for companies to generate customer loyalty.